Ken,

That doesn't look to me like it's a problem on your end.  You stated that
this happens quite regularly.  Is that with one particular recipient
domain (or server), or randomly with anyone?

It looks to me like the recipient mail host accepted the letter, but was
unable to deliver it locally for the defined reason,

      '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' on 9/27/00 9:49 AM
            No transport provider was available for delivery to this
recipient.

For whatever reason once the mail hit the other end and was accepted for
delivery, their mail server was unable to make the local delivery; a leg
of the LAN might have been down, the specific server might have been
off-line, etc.

To test this out I sent a letter to a bogus list at redhat,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (note I spelled guinness wrong).  As you
can see the redhat server accepted the letter for delivery, even though
the recipient address doesn't exist.

Sep 27 22:23:42 glenlee sendmail[23338]: WAA23336:
to=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ctladdr=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
(500/500), delay=00:00:07, xdelay=00:00:06, mailer=esmtp,
relay=mail.redhat.com. [199.183.24.239], stat=Sent (XAA22103 Message
accepted for delivery)

Shortly, after it figures out that there is no such list, I'll receive a
letter back from the redhat mail server stating such.

Glen