Oh boy. I'm a bit confused right now :)

First, I have a G400 dual head /  32MB. I'm not sure what the MAX is. Also
I want to do Xinerama (if that matters). There is a Xinerama HOWTO on the
docs CD which seems to spell it out quite clearly. However ..

>From the surfing and reading I have done so far, I am getting conflicting
information. Some sources say we need a 2.3/24 kernel to get this to work
- or at least one with AGP GART support.

So does the 2.2.16-22 kernel have AGP GART support? It appears so. I have
an agpgart module loaded which is used by the mga module. Can anyone
verify this is ok?

So far, I have gotten as far as a single head setup working with XFree86
4.0. It's 'XFree86 -configure' btw. Anyway, the problem seems to be that
XFree86 -scanpci only reveals one card and one bus id, where we need two!
I've tried setting up two monitor and screen sections, but only have one
device section right now. I don't know what to use for a second device
section.

So, has anyone gotten a dual headed config working with this card? Would
the real slim shady please stand up?

I'm starting to think this card wasn't such a good buy after all. It
appears the second monitor can only do 1280x1024 with true color anyway.
geez.

Helpful docs so far have been:

http://dri.sourceforge.net
man XFree86 XF86Config mga