Like was said in another post, did you make a new initrd image and
put it in lilo.conf? its simple:

mkinitrd --with=module.o /boot/initrd.2.2.X.img 2.2.X

It sounds like its loading the old initrd.img.

Hope that helps.
Kirk

>On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Stephen E. Hargrove wrote:

> Statux wrote:
>
> > aic.. is that something to do with SCSI? if so.. block-major-8 is the SCSI
> > disk devices ("ls -l /dev | grep 8,"). don't have support for the SCSI
> > stuff.. you aren't going to be able to mount anything. Do you have the
> > initrd (initial ramdisk) support enabled? I understand that SCSI systems
> > need it so the related modules get installed correctly...
>
> yeah, aic7xxx.o is the module for my scsi board.  like i said, if i boot to
> the old kernel (2.2.12-20), it works fine.  it's booting to the new kernel
> that's giving me fits.  for some reason, the system seeks to be trying to
> load the old aic7xxx.o (i.e., 2.2.12-20) rather than the one compiled with
> 2.2.17.
>

> > do you have the option about setting version info on all modules (near the
> > beginning of the config) enabled? (NOTE: in kernel 2.4.x, if you use ppp
> > and want it to be compiled into the kernel, you cannot use the version
> > info thingie.. dunno why they did that tho)
>
> yes, i do.
>
> --
> Stephen E. Hargrove
> Attorney at Law
> http://www.StephenHargrove.com
> *****
> Mozart:                 http://mozart.sourceforge.net
> Texas Criminal Law:     http://www.virtual-attorney.com/criminal
> Linux & The Law Office: http://www.virtual-attorney.com/linux
> BuckOwensFan.com:       http://www.BuckOwensFan.com
> *****

     Kirk Whiting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Network Admin. prince-of-darkness.cc , thrust66.com
            ---"Unix IS the Future"---
   ''Win: Please Reboot You Moved Your Mouse''