Hi Dan,

Unless you are just trying to have fun with a custom kernel...

You may want to look in the "preview" directory for kernel rpms for kernel
2.4. There are also glibc (optimized for 2.4) and tux patches if you rebuild
the srpm.

If you are just after 2.4 without too much hassle it may help.

Have fun,
 Brian Ashe                     CTO
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]              Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.
 http://www.dee-web.com/
You don't have to swim faster than the shark...
You just have to swim faster than the people you're with.

DE> I thought this would be easy, but am wrong.  No matter how I try to compile
DE> this
DE> kernel, I still get errors.

DE> Is there something I need to setup in order to compile this properly once
DE> downloading
DE> and setting it up?

DE> In

DE> /usr/src/linux/ there is a link  called