On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 04:36:21PM +0100, Dan Evans wrote:

> Here is how to compile 2.2.x and 2.4.x kernels on Redhat 7 from source code.
>
> http://www.horseplay.demon.co.uk/redhat7.html
>
> You have to modify symbolic links and use kgcc.
>
> I am still amazed no one else knows this, anyway thats the solution.

I installed RH7 the other day and the very first thing I did was build
2.2.18pre15. On a scratch install/upgrade I didn't do a thing other
than 'make' etc. Build quite a nice kernel without any fuss. I believe
the latest kernel makefile handles all this nicely. Which is just a
matter of looking for kgcc and setting CC=kgcc at the top of the
makefile. Don't know about the other stuff in the URL, as I had no
problems whatsoever.

--
Hal B