what does the "hostname" command return?

kf

--
My recommendation: Don't shop at Explorer Micro, Columbus, Ohio.

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Marco Shaw wrote:

= system: RedHat 6.2 x86
=
= Since yesterday, in multi-user mode, I can no longer authenticate any
= users.  All login attempts result in 'login failure'.  Strangely,
= /var/adm/messages does not indicate any failures from PAM.
=
= In single user-mode, I have no problems su'ing from and to any user.  I've
= 'zeroed' out root's shadow password, then rebooted, and logins still fail.
=
= I've checked to make sure all my keys work properly.
=
= Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get back into multi-user
= mode?  I've tried commenting out all the entries in /etc/pam.d/login (not
= having researched what each line does), and logins still fail.
=
= Thanks,
= Marco
=