On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, Eddie Strohmier wrote:

> Darn, I was just thinking about this. Do I need that second line I have for
> DSL. I am used to the solid T-1 connection I used to have with my ISP
> business I used to have and am not familiar with DSL. Can my home line deal
> handle this. Sorry again if this is off topic.
>
> Eddie Strohmier

You will have to check with them to make sure, but most flavors of DSL
will let you share a phone line with the DSL connection.  Now, with my
hookup, I ended up with one pair of wires for the DSL and one for my voice
line, but that has more to do with the fact that I get my voice service
from a different company then my DSL service.  The phone company wants to
get their $10/month for the wire, so if you get DSL from someone else,
they want seperate wires for the DSL.  In your case, if you are dropping
the second phone line at the same time as getting the DSL hookup, they may
use that pair of wires.

Mikkel