On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a server standing in a remote office
> and I need to adjust the time on that machine.
>
> How do I do that remotely,
> without going to the office and rebooting,
> going to bios
> and setting time.
>
> The machine is a standard  P I 133.
> I can telnet to the machine
> and I run Redhat 6.0

Well, if you have internet access on that machine, you might use
"rdate -s tock.usno.navy.mil" followed by an "hwclock --systohc".
Both of these commands should be done as "root" and "hwclock" *must*
be done as root (I've tried to run it as suid root, but it won't
work!)

I would *strongly* suggest you set up and use SSH instead of telnet.
MUCH more secure and you don't open yourself up for hacking!
        John