Quoting Jeff Hogg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

   -----Original Message-----
   From: Kelly Scroggins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 11:55 AM
   Subject: Re: disk partitioning

   >Since I've received no responses, I guess there
   >isn't a way around it with diskdruid.
   >
   >kelly

   You got it in one.  Disk Druid is a nice enough program, but it doesn't give
   the user much control over what is being done.  It's only meant to help out
   those who don't want to use fdisk.  I would have replied thusly, but missed
   seeing your first post.  Good luck

   Jeff Hogg

You're right.  So now I have another question.

I've read that it's best to place the swap
partition on the 'outside' portion of the disk so
more data can be accessed with fewer rotations.
Do you (or anyone else) agree with this?

And just to clarify .... the outside portion of
the disk is cylinder 0, track 1 ... or in other
words ... the physical area farthest away from the
'hub' or 'spindle' ... correct?

Thanks,
kelly