Hi Gordon,

I should have mentioned before that ifconfig doesn't work.  Yes, it is an
NAT modem (Alcatel).

It looks like snmpwalk would be what I am looking for, but I am unclear
about how to find the network block....in fact I am unclear as to what is
the network block :)  I know the first 2 numbers of all machines on our
network, but I don't know (offhand) the last two.

As far as my local eth0, ifconfig reveals (xx's to protect the innocent)

 inet addr:xx.xx.xx.xx  Bcast:xx.xx.xx.255  Mask:255.255.255.0

Any further help is appreciated...

--
RAM wasn't built in a day.