I have been following this thread carefully because I am having the same
problem.

comments:

"eric clover" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> man rpm

No clue here.  The guy does not even understand the problem.

"Burke, Thomas G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Try rpm -Fvh foo

and

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jonathan Wilson) properly corrected:

> Nope, F == freshen (i.e. only install if there's an older version already)
> -f is force but --nodeps is probably what you're looking for anyway.

but this is not the answer either.  you can not --nodeps the rpm installation
or it will fail the next time it is used because it does not have the correct
version of glibc.  You can --nodeps the glibc upgrade but does anyone know if
rpm of version less then 4.0 will work with the new glibc.  I doubt it.  Has
anyone really solved this problem.  Newbes back off.

john

E-Mail: John N. Alegre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 29-Nov-00
Time: 13:46:46

This message was sent by XFMail