>> What do the guru's here do to cope with static electricity?

Brings to mind the problems we had with our old systems. It was
possible to walk across the floor and put your hand out to log on
at the system console and the whole damn system would reboot in
front of your eyes. Minicomputers eh. How did we manage with them.

Our solution was temporarily to spray the carpet daily with
dilute conditioner. The eventual solution, apart from disposing
of the mini, was to replace the carpet tiles round the systems
with anti-static ones to provide a buffer zone.

PC type systems are less prone to this. Part of it is due to the
much lower number of connections. A box with 150+ serial cables
attached and strung around the building has a lot worse time
of it than a pc/server with a single network connection. If you
still have problems then maybe upgrading to fibre optic lan for
the servers would break the loop.