[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > I'm not 100% positive this will work, but try the "enterprise"
> > version ofthe kernel:
>
> is there something unique about the enterprise kernel, or does it
> come pre-configured with special settings that you could select
> from a standard kernel, if you knew which settings to pick?
> i.e., what exactly is it about the "enterprise" kernel that lets
> it see 4G RAM?

The enterprise kernel is RH 7.0 has the same modifications as the
kernels shipped in the Red Hat 6.2 Enterprise Edition.  These are:

64-bit file support for reading and writing to files larger than 2GB
Raw I/O support for increased database speed
Support for 4GB of physical RAM
Kernel parameters have been tuned for large server configurations

This is mostly through patches to the standard linux kernel.

--[Lance]