On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Mike Burger wrote:

> I'd be happy if I could get any printer to print through the print server
> I have here...Intel NetportExpress Pro...as an LPR/LPD server, it sucks.

What does your /etc/printcap look like?  The big change from using a local
printer is to replace the :lp=<some device> with two lines.  I use:

     :rm=192.168.9.253:\
     :rp=lpt1:

Replace 192.168.9.253 with the IP of your NetportExpress Pro.  I am not
sure what you have to use for rp (remote port).  It may be lpt1, or it may
be something like raw1.  You will have to chack your documention.

I hope this helps.
Mikkel