Hi David,

> I have almost figured out how to get DNS working.  The one thing piece I
> need help with is requests outside my domain.

 It's been a while since I have done anything with DNS, but I set up a DNS for
a tiny domain over a year ago. I don't remember any of the details, but what I
did was start off with the caching only nameserver setup, which handles the
outside world, and add a zone entry for the local domain in named.conf and
create the zone file. Since you seem to have the latter running this should be
a piece of cake. See the DNS-HOWTO if you need any more details.

                                                Bye,

                                                Leonard.