On 26 Dec 2000, Harry Putnam wrote:

<snip>

> However the documentation file sighted above talks as if it should be
> able to mount this filesystem. At least readonly, and doesn't mention
> a need to recompile the kernel.
>
> Anyone here know if this is the correct `type' and if the kernel
> should support it by default?

</snip>

I just checked on my system, and it seems to me that the "NTFS read only"
choice is _not_ enabled by default in the kernel.  By the way, there was a
recent discussion in the linux-kernel list about the read-write option.  Do
_not_ compile that feature into the kernel under _any_ circumstances unless
you're willing to risk data integrity.

Nitebirdz