On 04-Jan-2001 christopher j bottaro opined:
> i'm not using a redhat kernel anymore, i had to recompile the kernel to
> get
> my athlon working properly.  isn't there some option to turn on when i
> do
> "make menuconfig" to compile the ide-scsi module when i do "make
> modules"?
> thanks.

Try under 'Block Devices' and from there choose 'SCSI emulation support'

That's where it is under make xconfig anyway. I've only used menuconfig
once and can't recall if the options are the same, though I'd think it
really weird if they weren't.

--
Earth first! We'll strip-mine the other planets later.