Rusty,

You should be able to change resolutions on the fly by pressing down
<Ctrl><Alt><keypad +> or <Ctrl><Alt><keypad ->.  Note that the "+" or
"-" must be the one on your keypad.

Also, if you wish a default change then run Xconfigurator from root:

$ Xconfigurator

Glen

Today, at 08:07, R Smith sent through the Star Gate: