On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:53:01AM -0600, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
[...]
> I have temporarily fixed that by setting the hostname, however, I need
> to fix it permanently so that if we ever reboot again we won't have a
> repeat situation. I greped for the old hostname in /etc and couldn't
> find it anywhere except in /etc/HOSTNAME. I don't think that's what
> I'm looking for, because it seems like that was set up during bootup.

When you ran grep, did you run it recursively? I seem to remember that
there's another file with the hostname in one of the subdirectories of
/etc, I think system.config or something like that. For me, a recursive
grep in /etc has always found all important occurrences.

HTH,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919