Let me get the question clear.
Do you want to access your office network from home where you have a linux box?

If yes,then,what kind of O.S do you have in the office?And,is it only one
machine you want to access from your home or the entire network?
Also,what kind of applications do u want to access?Are they stand-alone apps.
or web-based stuff hosted on an internal machine in your office and not visible
outside the office network??

Cheers,
Vineeta