David Grill Watson wrote:

> Do you have the type1 module loaded in XFree? I was having a similar problem
> that was fixed when I added the line
> Load "type1"
> to the module section in XF86Config.

I have discovered a further confounding factor.  Although 'rpm -q XFree86'
reports that I have XFree86-4.0.1-1 installed when I look int '/etc/X11' I find
two files :  XF86Config and XF86Config-4.  It is my understanding that the file
read by >= XFree86-4x should be XF86Config-4.  However in '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11'
the XF86Config file is linked to '/etc/X11/XF86Config' and if I relink it to
'/etc/X11/XF86Config-4' the Xserver won't restart.

I do not find any section called 'modules' in the plain '/etc/X11/XF86Config'
file although it does exist in '/etc/X11/XF86Config-4' file so that was
probably the original problem - now however I don't know which file I should
leave and which I should delete/rename especially since the XF86Config-4
version didn't seem to work!

The install was a fress RH7 with all updates and errata installed.  The HD was
complete reformatted at install time.  No other upgrades or additions have
occurred other than installing 'AbiSuite'.

Ideas?

Thanks to all,

Bob Hartung