On Mon, 05 Feb 2001, lee johnson wrote:

> > Does this happen when you try an print postscript output, text output,
> > or both?  (Printing from X is almost always postscript output.)  It
> > sounds like your print filter is failing.  (Unless you are printing to a
> > postscript printer...)  Try the print tests from printtool, and see if
> > it will print on any of the tests...
> >

> hi mikkel and thanks for reply..
>
> well gimp wize no clue..just nothing happens as i say.
>
> printtool wize....i tried everything including postscript and ascii..nadda on all
> counts
>
> epson stylus color 860..far as I know non-postsript?

Hold the horses. I have an ESC860 working perfectly on my RH7.0 box using LPRng but it
worked well with RH6.1 b4, too, using lpr. The latest Gimp releases have a driver for
the newer Epsons that works very well. The gimp print code is also released as a
separate package that you can compile into your ghostscript code if you aren't
squeamish about rolling your own. Go to freshmeat.net and enter "print" in the search
field and it will pop up. Note that the stock stc800 epson driver available in
printtool will still work but with reduced capability. I have attached my printcap.
Note that I haven't bothered compiling the fancier driver into my ghostscript since I
generally just print text outside of the gimp so the printcap only shows the less
capable driver.

--
Jack Bowling
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]