On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, lee johnson wrote:

> > (I hope it understands ASCII.)
> >  Try "cat /etc/lilo.conf > /dev/lp0".
>
> it does ascii just fine as i've had this printer working before no
> issues....graphics/text done deal..:)
>
> well.....I don't know what i may have done to my poor linuxbox :)
> but the command I issued above to direct lilo.conf to my printer
> does nothing as well..
>
> i typed it in and it brought me back to prompt with no errors and no
> printer noise ;)
>
> so where do I go from here..tell me where do I go from
> here..:)LOL..sorry couldn't resist that its a line from one of the
> Carpenters songs of which I
>
> moderate a list.......mabye i needed that  :)
>

> thanks Mikkel..
> lee
> -=====

Run /sbin/lsmod and see what is loaded.  I am beginning to wonder if you
have the printer port modules loaded.  The command had you type will
dump a raw ASCII file directly to the printer.  It should produce an
output an any printer that understands ASCII (plain text.)  The output
will probably have the stair step output, but thats ok...

Mikkel