> (I hope it
> understands ASCII.)  Try "cat /etc/lilo.conf > /dev/lp0".

it does ascii just fine as i've had this printer working before no
issues....graphics/text done deal..:)

well.....I don't know what i may have done to my poor linuxbox :) but the
command I issued
above to direct lilo.conf to my printer does nothing as well..

i typed it in and it brought me back to prompt with no errors and no
printer noise ;)

so where do I go from here..tell me where do I go from here..:)LOL..sorry
couldn't resist that its a line from one of the Carpenters songs of which I

moderate a list.......mabye i needed that  :)

thanks Mikkel..
lee
-=====