On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Corisen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the fastest and easiest way to reliably clone a linux pc? I've tried
> Norton Ghost 2001, but it seem to have problem and hang my pc. Drive Image
> cloning was successful but when I restore, I received a Missing operation
> system error.
>
> Pls advise.
>
> Thanks.

The Missing Operating System error is usualy caused when there is no
partition marked active.  If you can boot from a floppy, then run fdisk
(or cfdisk) and mark one partition active.  It doesn't matter what
partition for booting Linux, as long as there is one.  By preferrence, I
like to mark /boot active.

Mikkel