Hi,
    I'm using RedHat 6.2 with all updates, lm_sensors 2.4.5-3 RPM, and I
even tried installing the kernel-i2c RPM for the 2.2.14-5.0 kernel I have to
no avail.

sensors-detect tells me I need a i2c-piix.o module, as this is a BX board.
I've checked the /lib/modules/misc directory, and even though I now have
plenty of i2c modules, the piix is not one of them, hence I can't load the
lm_sensors monitoring program.

Which RPM do I need to provide this file (there's a few other modules
missing, but I have a feeling they're all in the same package)?

All the instructions ie depmod -a etc have been tried (pointless, because
the RPM itself does that upon install), but I tried everything and I'm lost.
I've even scanned all lm_sensors related packages on RPMfind and none
provide these modules. I don't get it. Surely someone else is running
lm_sensors on a BX board?

Any ideas?

--
Edward Dekkers (Director)