Hi,

I have a number of diskless linux boxes that currently boot from the
network. Currently they boot from a floppy that has a kernel rdev'd to
mount it's root filesystem from NFS. It sends out a bootp request to get
it's IP from a dhcp server.

I'd like to change this method to use a boot (p)rom on a network card.
This way I don't need to have a separate kernel on a floppy for each
machine. The kernel can be downloaded from the bootp/dhcp server.
Anybody have any experience? esp. what ethernet cards and boot (p)roms
work well with linux? Is it still the case that the boot prom needs to be
burned or are there pre burned ones that work with linux?

Thanks,

--
John S. Weber

System Administrator