Hi

Would some using comcast cable as a provider (preferably in northern
Va) give me some insight as to how they provide service?

A friend has signed up with them, and can connect under windows. It's
dhcp, but he says he had to put in some sort of id somewhere in his tcp/ip
settings (although from his description it sounded like netbios type stuff
- but that could have been a poor description)

So, how does one setup dhcp under linux with comcast?

Also, I saw a post from Mike Watson in January which says he can't ping
his box from the outside. IS this true? Does this mean he won't be able to
setup some dynamic dns mapping and run a server?

thanks
charles