Read Comcast's Acceptable Use Policy (www.comcastonline.com).  Comcast
prohibits users from using ANY kind of servers---web and mail servers were
mentioned specifically, but I'm not sure if a DNS server was mentioned.  I'm
experimenting with a local caching nameserver because Comcast's DNS servers
only seem to operate in 4 hour stints.  Then they have to rest for several
hours.

I've had the same IP address for up to a couple of weeks.  I can't ping it
from work, nor can some friends of mine.  I expect there is a firewall in
place somewhere.

BTW, the mail, web and news servers are erratic at best.  I've complained to
Comcast and Excite.  They've ignored me.

Mike Watson
Raymore, MO