On Sat, 03 Mar 2001 18:29:59 Marco Shaw wrote:
>I'm curious to hear from people on this list that are Linux sys admins.
>I'm not looking to read your resume, but would love to hear about your
>work history over the last 2 years or so in about 3-5 lines.

I'm not primarily a sysadmin, but I've used Linux for several years to solve
problems and do things that needed doing, but that we could not otherwise
afford to do (legally). I've used Linux primarily as a workgroup server
(Web/database, mail, file/print, LDAP, backup, and dialup). Along the way
I've learned a lot about customizing a Linux server to fit the needs of the
organization, and about documenting the customizations and making them
maintainable by my successors. Linux has also been my sole home desktop OS
for about two years. I also use it as my work desktop whenever that's
possible, so I've learned a lot about using Linux in a Windows network.

<digress>
I've written enough small scripts to automate things that I have to wonder
how NT admins ever manage lots of boxes with the limited tools that come
with that platform.
</digress>

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D