I would as well!!
Ray

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lorris J. Woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2001 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: Network Monitoring Software

> David I would like very much to see what you have.
>
> TIA
>
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, David Brett wrote:
>
> > I have looked at these tools and found nothing which fills what I am
> > looking for completely.  I use combination of applications done by other
> > people (i.e. MRTG) and written by my self.  If anybody wants to see what
> > have written I will gladly share it.  Basicly it is perl script which
does
> > pings and creates a web page with this information.
> >

> > david
> >
> > On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Fernando Lozano wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Derek!

> > > I use NetSaint which is a very good tool but is not auto-configurable.
It relies on you telling which hosts to monitor and for what services.
Sincerily, after trying a few tools performing "auto-discovering" of the
network I prefer to type all data into NetSaint. It is very flexible,
configurable and reliable, besides meeting your requirements except for the
first.

> > > NetSaint does not support your second requirement out-of-the-box  (new
machine alert) but I can imagine many easy ways to configure it to do this.
If you are willing to start a new project, I beg you to join the NetSaint
developers and provide your extra features as a plug-in.