Hello,

We're doing something interesting here at ErnieBall Inc., (we
manufacture guitars and guitar accessories) we're getting rid of every
single Micro$oft product we own. We have about 100 users on our network
so this has proven to be a daunting task...but very interesting. We have
a central X server running RedHat 7.0 and all the client machines pull
an X session from that machine (or will when we are finished). This
configuration has it's obvious advantages but has also presented us with
some challenges. Here are a couple, maybe all you gurus have some ideas
for me.

1) We'd like to be able to setup sound on some of the local machines
while still logging into an X session on the server.
2) We'd like to have some instant messaging system where the root user
can send system messages to all the users via their X session.
3)We're using StarOffice and have been pleased with everything except
it's database system, anybody know of anything that would a satisfactory
replacement for Acce$$?
4) There's probably a bunch of other things we'll run into so I'll post
them as they come up! =)

Thanks for your help!

Andy Schuler
IT Dept. ErnieBall Inc.