At 4/4/01 02:12 PM +0100, you wrote:
>If I send GPL code via HotMail, does that mean that Microsoft can
>use it in their future offerings? Or does it mean that everything
>that Microsoft do in future is by definition GPL?
>
>Interesting one for the copyright lawyers?

Only code that they write based on yours would be GPL, or they'd be accused
of violating GPL. But if you send a data critical to the workings of a
patent via Hotmail, and you get the patent, they automatically can use it
too *for free*. They're very clear that they will not pay any compensation.

You may not add/change/sell/distribute/etc any of their stuff.

They *may* add/change/sell/distribute/etc any of *your* stuff, for free,
and use your name with it too!

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz