Brad Bonkoski wrote:

> Hello Jerry.. (a few questions) do you only have one DSL?

Yes, only one, but I think someone on this list said if the modem is connected
to a nic then it could be shared with any OS, including Linux, over the
network. That's why I posted the question, to make sure I have the facts
straight before I try to set it up. Since Linux does every thing needed and has
better security, I want to use it for the box to the internet. Then I could
connect the hub directly to the RH boxes and use Samba to the Windows box.
What I have in mind is:

 [i]--[1]--[h]--[n]

Where [i] is the internet.

Where [1] is a linux box with two nic's, one for the DSL and to the network.
This box will also have the firewall on it and serve as router so that
(theoretically) I could open a browser on more than one box and download on one
while surfing on another.

Where [h] is the hub to the network

Where [n] is the intranet with as many boxes as I want networked, just three
for now. One would be a Windows box(Win95 or NT) and the rest would be Linux
(RH).

>  And if so, is your Windows box doing the IP-Forwarding?  (I know this is
> _bad_ to post on this list, but I wish my Windows ME would forward IP traffic
>:-(  )

Actually, if you had NT, you could do IP-forwarding.

> Gosh, I _think_ there is a nice how-to on this at linuxdoc.org.  Check it
> out, I think there is one for Firewall HOWTO and IP_MASQ Howto (if you need
> that).

Yeah, I've already got firewall-HOWTO but I need to get some others.

> Good luck.

Thanks, I'll need it.