I am using one of the linksys 8 port hubs/router and it works great.
Not only does it handle DHCP, but it is VERY flexible about setups. It will
also handle PPPOE for you and will keep you connected 24/7.

It can be setup to ignore IP polling and has allot of other neat stuff.
Not sure if it is a true fire wall but seems to work like one.

I have mine setup to ignore IP polling which has the effect of not being
visible to the outside world. I also have "keep connected" enabled which
will keep it connected unless the ISP server goes down. Then you have to go
through the simple HTML interface and hit "reconnect" and your connected.
Otherwise normally it disconnects and each time you reconnect you have to
send a request which will not make it and the second request makes it. (I.e.
read your mail once, it will fail, read it again and it works fine.)

My ISP uses PPPOE which with Linux I was not getting to work right.
Linksys handles it just fine...

The client machine setup is real easy. I have a choice of letting the DHCP
server handle it automatically or use static IP addresses and then have to
setup the particulars by hand. (IE the DNS server, gateway etc... The DHCP
server sets them all automatically otherwise.)

I paid $220 for mine but they do have the 1 port router available which will
likely do everything this one does and would be better if you had a
switching hub. I needed the ports anyhow so it seemed like a decent buy.