> > I have two ipaddresses. And therefore have two ways of getting to my
>
> gateway.
>
> > One of the ipaddresses is an amateur radio address (ampr.org address) and
>
> the
>
> > other the normal commerical address.
> >
> > If I have my workstation set with an ampr.org address and it  accesses
> > the gateway using the gateways's ampr.org address - it appears that I
> > can't
>
> reach
>
> > the commerical world. But I can go anywhere in the 'ampr.org' world?
> >
> > Does this make any sense?
> >
> > My workstation's ampr.org address is 44.135.34.210. The gateway is
> > 44.135.34.201.  The commerical or normal addressing is  142.176.139.107
>
> for
>
> > the workstation and 142.1786.139.106 for the gate.  Should it make any
> > difference to the gate that requests are being made to the ampr.org world
>
> or
>
> > the commerical world??
>
> Don't know if this helps but what does your /etc/resolv.conf file have?
> Maybe it's setup to dns for one domain and not the other?  Maybe that
> doesn't matter, never ran into this before.

Its setup to go to the ampr.org gate for resolution. Which is my DNS server.
I don't think it would make any difference if I put my commercial address in
there as well. But I am going to do some experiments today.  Probably screw
everything up again as usual...

> Would it work better using 2 NIC's, one for each domain?  Just guessing and
> making suggestions to try.

Well I am thinking of the 2 nics. One for eth0 and an alias eht0:0.  I used
to run that before, but again I don't really know that any of this is needed.
Maybe there is a switch somewhere that I can click, that will do magic..??

> I'm sure someone else has better solution/answer.
>
> Mike

Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada.