Hey,

> Maybe I missed your other "experiences" or something.

  Oh, the previous thread was simply that RH 7.2 was rather slow with my
two AMD boxes & with another's single AMD box.

> But I just tried installing a Debian potato last night and it fails for
> no apparent reason less that halfway through.

  I'd had this with two distros (RH 7.2 & the same Debian 7.1 on a P-II
333.  Each had just spit out the first CD & printed "You may now reboot
your computer" on the screen.  Makes ya wonder.

> The same result in 6 attempts with 2 different burns. This was my 12-
> 5th attempts on 4 different PCs using 3 different releases. To date
> Debian:0, RH:70 (or more) on 5 personal machines and 10+ others not
> belonging to me.

  I'm likely to revert, in future, to, say, RH 6.2 (which has installed
fine on the two Pentium boxes), update the kernel & go from there.

  I'm going to say it....fuck 'puters.

  Sorry, had to.  Too many things to study to bother pursuing
certification, no more time, no more money, few jobs.  I'm rather
frustrated.  Joy -- I'll likely be back to end-user support soon.  Well,
it won't be long after that I'll be single again;-).

> Has 'Doze-2K(or-more-bugs) been installed during every attempt?

  Well, I've got 2k running on three of the boxes, W98 on mine (games).
But it really shouldn't matter in any case -- particularly since I've
had no trouble on three of the boxes dual-booting with W98 (the fourth
is fairly new).  Theoretically, based on ext2, there's no reason for
Linux to either slow down ~or~ fail simply because of ~any~ other OS on
the hard drive.  But, FWIW, the fairly new one only had RH 7.1 running
for a couple of months before I'd installed W2k & attempted RH 7.2.

> --
> Sarcasm is just one of the many services we offer.

  I like it:-).

  Meph

--
  "I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody."
  -Dave '-ddt->' Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux