[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > Michael Jang wrote:

> > MJ>I'm not asking for the release date of the next version of Red Hat. I am
> > MJ>asking if anyone has any "informed speculation" on when the beta for Red
> > MJ>Hat Linux 8.0 might be available.

> And why not a 7.3 version?

Now that strikes me as a very good question.  Isn't there
anyone out there slightly annoyed about the quality (or lack
thereof) of the 7.2 release?

I kind of feel like everyone is sort of pussy-footing around
this issue out of nervousnous about the economy and the
state-of-linux or some such.  But if we don't push RedHat on
the quality issue, I think that this time next year we're
going to be facing even worse problems with 8.2.

I'm about to go to work and try to install 7.2, because
we're still using RedHat where I work...  but if it were up
to me I'd go with Debian or Mandrake or something.