Hi Michael,

> I have a system with the ASUS A7V motherboards in it.  It's got BIOS version
> 1004D in it and I see the latest BIOS version is 1009.  Everything on the
> system seems to work fine, but I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to
> flash it anyway...

 If everything works fine then it should not be necessary. I just ordered an
Athlon 1300 for use in the same board. I think I *will* do a BIOS upgrade for
this reason.

> Anyone know what the "good" versions of the BIOS are?

 Well, 1009 is the latest stable version. 1010 is a beta, so I would go with
the 1009 if you feel you need to do an upgrade.

> The other problem is that I don't have a DOS machine and hence no DOS bootable
> floppies that I can use to run an *.exe file.  Does anyone know of a way around
> this?

 I guess you'll have to ask a friend for a DOS bootdisk. There is still no way
around this. It's a pity there still are no Linux versions of flash.

                                        Bye,

                                        Leonard.