Hi Leonard,

Thanks for your response and advice.

At 03:25 PM 12/17/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>  The use of RAID 0 with stripes on a single disk is pointless. You want to
>stripe to gain performance. But if you use stripes on a single disk you will
>probably even loose some performance due to the overhead. Even the use of
>separate disks on the same controller is discouraged for IDE. You should use
>two disks on separate controllers.

I am aware of hardware RAID on M$Win OS using a controller connecting to 2
hard discs.  But I am interested to learn whether Linux offers software
controller to connect 2 hard discs.  If "Yes" then how to make connection
to 2 discs ?  One to Primary IDE another to Secondary IDE, both as master
?  Or to the same IDE, one as master another as slave ?

Could you shed me some light ?

Thanks in advance.

B.R.
Stephen