On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Anthony E. Greene wrote:

> "Ted Hilts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This may sound dumb but there is a good reason for asking and so far I
> > cannot find an answer.  I need to convert MS word documents to
> > pictures.
> [snip]
>
> Covert the Word documents to PDF.
>
> You can either buy the tools from Adobe, or, if you have a Linux box
> available on the same network, you can setup a workaround. Setup a printer
> on the Windows box that uses the one of the HP Laserjet PS drivers.
> Configure the print settings to "Print to File". This will create a
> Postscript file that's easily convertable to PDF. When you print using this
> printer, save the file onto the Linux box with an extension of ".ps". Then
> login to the Linux box and run "ps2pdf" on the file. If you expect to do
> this a lot, then drop the PS files into a specific directory on the Linux
> box and setup a cron job and a shell script to automate the conversion.

You don't need to do all of this!  The easiest thing to do is bring up the
document in Word, and hit Alt-PrintScreen to send the screen to the
clibboard.  Now you just paste it in your graphics program (if you don't
have a better one than use "Imaging for Windows" which is on the
Accessories menu of recent versions of Windows).  Crop/resize however you
like, or combine several screens-worth of capture into one image.

Nothing to buy, and they don't need Adobe to read it.  They can see it
right on your webpage.