-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ted Hilts
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 10:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: OT-picture from text file

This may sound dumb but there is a good reason for asking and so far I
cannot find an answer.  I need to convert MS word documents to
pictures.  They contain fonts of other languages.  The picture gets
around the fact that those receiving the information do not have to
install the appropriate fonts.  I can convert the document to html but
it appears that unless the fonts are all installed on each machine using
a browser the foreign text is converted to English characters. An of
course if pictures of the text are used it also obviates the problem
those using Linux would experience.  I realize that I could print out
the pages and use a scanner but this is way too slow for the large
amount of work.  So I need to create a pictures file directly from the
word document.  There would be a problem because I think MS Word has
imbedded controls.  But I think I could get away with some kind of cut
and paste.  This means I would have to past into some kind of picture
processor that would accept the text without attempting to format it and
treat is as text.

Any ideas?

Bye - thanks_TED