On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 02:00:24PM -0800, Ben Ocean wrote:
: Hi;
: I've written this config script for mysql, but this problem appears to be
: unique to RH, so I'm writing this list too:
:
: #!/bin/sh
: cd /usr/local/mysql
: ./configure \
: --with-libwrap=/usr/share/doc/tcp_wrappers \

Eh?  Why would you point the configure script at the documents directory?

Besides, is there something you need that the RPMs you can get from:

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html

don't do?  You want nifty features like InnoDB suppport?  Just
install the MySQL-max package.  These packages even upgrade cleanly
from the stock redhat packages.

I've had wonderful success running MySQL 3.23.46 built from the SRPMs
from mysql.com, using InnoDB tables.  Very fast, support FKs, and is
transaction safe.

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.