Hi All,

I've read the cablemodem-howto.  It refers to a document on a server
called netaxis.com.  Unfortunately that server is down, so I have two
questions which I would like answers to:

1. the howto refers to "rrclientd".  Where can I get this?  I looked on
rpmfind.net and on freshmeat without success.

2.  What steps do I have to go through to get linux up and running on
optimum online?

The great news:

I was at the Wiz in Paramus NJ yesterday.  I got a reconditioned Terajet
(supposed to be the best according to the folks at dslreports) modem,
installation kit together with a 1 year contract FOR FREE.  (I have to pay
3 months of service in advance and the monthly charge for me is $29) The
other piece of good news is that if you want a brand new modem, they are
selling the Motorola Surfboard cablemodems for $50 along with the 1 year
contract & $29/month.  (The $29 price is for existing cable TV customers
who have "family cable" or greater service. Otherwise it is $39)

Mark