Hi Robert,

Thanks for your advice

At 09:15 PM 1/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Here's a few suspects
>
>1. HOSTNAME is localhost.localdomain, it might be a problem for DHCP?
>2. The long delay sounds like some kind of timeout problem
>3. Are the nameserver settings in resolv.conf really your ISP's DNS servers?

There are 3 setting in  /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 192.168.252.200
nameserver 210.0.144.26
nameserver 210.0.144.29

My ISP only provides dynamic IP address.  The last 2 settings are my ISP's
DNS servers.  I have no idea of the first one.

>*** I thought DNS servers where located via DHCP? Try removing the
>references to DNS servers. The DCHP BOOTP protocol should locate these for
>you automatically.

Kindly advise what references I have to remove to DNS servers and how ?

>What info did you get from your ISP on how to set up your host for DHCP?

I did not set up the host for DHCP because only dynamic IP address is
provided by my ISP.

Thanks in advance.

B.R.
Stephen