Hi.
All I have configured is to set the workgroupname to
"nettet" and serverstring to sambaserver in smb.conf.
Well I have discovered that samba dont work with the
highest security level, so now I run that on medium.
I found out by typing smbclient -Ltarkin.
tarkin is the name of the win98 box connected to the
network.Then I see tarkins sharename "upload", server
"tarkin", workgroup "nettet" and finally master
"tarkin".From winbox tarkin, I cannot se the
linuxbox.And I dont know how to get access to the
sharefolder "upload".Would it show up in x
window,gnome, or in nautilus file manager.I also try
to give a smbpasswd for user root, but that was
refused. I think the problem is that the sambaserver
itself has no name, and I dont know where I should
give it a name.The prompth in X is[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]#
When I try smbclient -Llocalhost I get connection
refused.