Folks,

Perhaps I missed something in the thread, but I read the subject line
question a bit differently - i.e. since Linuxconf is deprecated, what is
Red Hat doing to replace Linuxconf?

I assume the answer is related to the variety of GUI front-ends that Red
Hat has developed (and presumably is developing) such as printconf,
apacheconf, neat, and lokkit. At least I think that's what I've read in
the Red Hat public statements.

The sub-question based on the thread seems to be - are these tools truly
useful, or are they (or at least some of them) as buggy as Linuxconf?
Based on proper (I prefer the regular vi) comparisons of configuration
files, can they at least serve as learning tools for newbies? Are any of
them ready for "prime-time?"

Thanks,
Michael Jang