On 1/02/2002 at 9:37 AM Jim Bija [EMAIL PROTECTED] [gregausit] wrote:

>I would venture to guess your having the same problem i had. In RHL 7.2
>Redhat made it so sendmail will not get mail from anyone but itself.
>This was done as i understand for some security reason, not sure.
>You need to edit the file: /etc/sendmail.cf
>In that file you will see a line like this
>O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA
>sendmail only listen on that ip. To allow other to send you email change
>that
>ip to your ip, or do what i did

Use the sendmail.mc file instead, then re generate the cf file using m4,
just be careful of the broken path in the mc file for m4 first :) it should
look like this (at top)  include(`/usr/lib/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')

If you want sendmail to operate on all interfaces and addresses, then you
can simply comment out the lower section before generating the cf to look
like this...

dnl This changes sendmail to only listen on the loopback device 127.0.0.1
dnl and not on any other network devices. Comment this out if you want
dnl to accept email over the network.
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')
dnl NOTE: binding both IPv4 and IPv6 daemon to the same port requires
dnl       a kernel patch
dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Addr=::1, Name=MTA-v6, Family=inet6')
dnl We strongly recommend to comment this one out if you want to protect
dnl yourself from spam. However, the laptop and users on computers that do
dnl not have 24x7 DNS do need this.
dnl FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
dnl FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')dnl

Regards

Greg Wright
--

IT Consultant Sydney Australia     PH 0418 292020 -- Int. +61 418 292020
Available for Global Contracts      US Fax -- 801 740 2874