On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Bob Hartung wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am ready to purchase a new laptop.  Which manufacturers offer a
> preinstalled RH?  [I have received negative replies from Compaq and Dell -
> HP just didn't respond].

Hmm.  In it's Higher Education section, Dell offers a Latitude C600 with
Red Hat Linux 7.0 installed.  That's a pretty nice machine--we've been
using them in the laptop program for students here this year.

Big dealers are not likely to be selling the latest bleeding-edge stuff
due to QA concerns.

Somebody else pointed out ASLabs.  Is Tuxtops still in business?  I know
I've seen ads for resellers who install Linux on various machines like
Sony VAIOs.  Check Linux Journal and Linux Magazine.

And it's not that hard to put RHL on a laptop if you can get hold of
partitioning software.

Google turns up a bunch of sites, including www.linux-laptop.net.

--
                Matthew Saltzman