Hi,

I use IBM Thinkpad A21e with W2k/redhat-7.2 dual system (with ext2 for
linux). In linux I have serious problems with file access. Some files
cannot be read, and some times file system errors detected during boot.
Usually the first files not found or not found correct are parts of the
gnome or sawmill, but even files which I had not used (at least
intentionally) could be found corrupted during file system check. The
problem could occur anywhere in the hard disc. The "lost" files are often
accessible after next boot.

This error first appears one or two days after istallation redhat. I have
tried redhat-7.1, than redhat-7.2, and then I upgraded the kernel (so the
power managemet became perfect), and I did not install lm_sensors, but the
problem remained the same. I guess that this is no hardware problem
because W2k works as usual.

After two month of trials I began to lose hope. Help!!!

Miki